The other day I had to catch a train in Jackson, MS. We had some time to kill and so we dropped by the Mississippi Art Museum and saw a traveling exhibit of art inspired by Hurricane Katrina.
I spent some time paying respect to the experience of the people portrayed in the photos. They were mostly character studies of people surrounded by their local devastation with a little text explaining the circumstances. I read story after story, then lo and behold, I saw mention of volunteers with "Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Scientologists and Jews being the largest groups that came to help". Wow - what an unexpected acknowledgment! I know I was there along with hundreds more Scientologists but there is never a mention of it in the mainstream press. This person who put together the display knew we were there.
Funny thing, I told my brother that I went, but he never had any interest in my experience or any questions about it. After he read that little text, he finally asked me about it. Seeing something in print written by somebody he has never met gave the experience validity.