Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Finishing up

LRH talks about putting order into an environment quite a bit at times and it always inspires me to action. The last few months I've been working on putting my home in order. Started with youngest son moving out and needing to do something with his room and developed into all sorts of cleaning, painting and organizing projects. There is one countertop that has been the bane of my existence for years that no longer is. My bathroom is now a pretty place where I enjoy spending time (for aesthetic reasons as well as the other reasons). My sunspace has been cleared out for more passive solar gain and the knee walls painted after 20 years.

I noticed somewhere along the line that if I feel that I'm not comfortably in present time, I can handle that by finishing something I've started or just putting some order in - even a litte bit. And I've noticed that finishing up cycle of action has the effect of inspiring me toward future projects.

Speaking of future projects, I started knitting again! Something led me to the Mason Dixon Knitting and the world of warshrags, cotton yarn, Chinese Waves etc. The pink is a girl's scarf, the other started as a dish rag but is going to be a big scarf: